This is a recipe that I’ve cooked a couple of times and it’s just so super tasty and simple. So flavoursome and that’s what I love about Indian food!
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp mild chilli powder
- 1 tsp ground coriander powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp chilli flakes
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- 1 veg stock + 445ml water
- 2 cups soy mince
- 2 fresh tomatoes for colour
- 1 tsp marmite
- Chillis, coriander and lime to garnish
- Finely dice up the onions and garlic in the saucepan with some oil. Add to the pan all the herbs and spices and cook for 5 mins on a medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- In a jug, start to get the vegetable stock ready.
- Once the onions have browned a little I then put the veg stock in first and then the soy mince. If you need a little more water, just keep adding as soy mince is very absorbent.
- I added some marmite to give an umami flavour but this can be left out if you’d prefer it without and some fresh chopped tomatoes. Add them to the mince.
- Leave the mince to continue cooking for 20 minutes to really intensify the flavours.
- Get a pan of water ready boiling for the rice and add the rice in for the recommend time once the water is boiling.
- Once the rice is cooked, add the peas in for the last couple of minutes.
- Drain the rice and serve up the food.
- I garnished mine with fresh chillis, coriander and the lime is a must! Really brings all the flavours together!