So me and Alex went to Brighton for our wedding anniversary and were wandering about, when we stumbled across a Chinese supermarket!
If you ever find one, go. If you have one local to you, you are very lucky!
We also found vegan Tuna which is actually the closest we’ve had to Tuna, we recommend it!
So we got back and of course the first thing is we wanted to try these “prawns”. So I decided to make this creamy garlic vegan prawn pasta – it’s delicious!
Just a quick note before I get on with the recipe, the vegan prawns have a very prawn like texture. It could be off putting to some and the flavour wasn’t so much like prawn but was lovely in itself. We would definitely get these again whenever the next time we come across them!
So here’s how I made this recipe:
Servings – 2
Prep – 5 mins
Cooking – 20 mins
- 150g vegan prawns
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp parsley
- 1/2 cup veg stock
- Pepper to taste
- 30g vegan spread
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 cup cashew nuts
- 1/4 cup vegan white wine
- Around 1 1/2 cups tagliatelle
- Start off by boiling the cashew nuts in water for around 15 mins or alternatively soak them overnight in water.
- Once the cashews have been soaked, tip them into a blender with the vegetable stock and blitz. This is the base to your cream sauce. (Add more veg stock if needed)
- We allowed the vegan prawns to completed defrost and just popped them into the pan to cook through. There were no cooking instructions so we just winged it. We allowed them to cook in the pan for around 5 minutes on medium to low heat with crushed garlic.
- It’s a good time to have the water on the boil for your pasta and the pasta cooking as it doesn’t take long to get this dinner whipped together.
- To the prawns and garlic, add the cashew cream, butter, nutritional yeast, parsley, pepper and wine.
- Allow to cook and season to taste if its needed.
- Once the tagliatelle has cooked, add all the ingredients to one pan, mix well and serve with some garlic bread, Yum!!!