It’s always late on a Sunday, when I realise all the shops are shut and I can’t get my sweet fix.
This is a really simple, healthy….ish recipe for a quick fix if you have a sweet tooth!
The best thing is it only contains 6 ingredients!
Prep time 5 mins
Setting time 30 mins
- 10 pitted dates
- 3 Tbsp cacao powder
- 2 Tbsp syrup
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tsp cacao powder
- In a blender add the dates, cacao powder and syrup and blend until smooth.
- Remove from the blender and roll into balls using your palms. If the mix is too sticky add more cacao powder.
- Add coconut oil to a bowl if it needs to melt put it inside of another bowl of water to melt the oil or microwave it.
- Once the oil has been melted, add the cacao powder and mix together.
- If the coconut oil has melted too much, pop it in the freezer for a couple of minutes to thicken it up.
- Roll the truffle balls on the coconut and chocolate mix and pop on a plate.
- Once they’ve all been coated, sprinkle a little bit of Pistachio over the top and allow to set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
But if you are really hungry, the truffle mix is tasty enough to just eat on its own…. we definitely didn’t do that …..